William Bowerman is a Musical Director residing in North London.
William has worked with a number of platinum selling artists as a Musical Director overseeing all aspects of their live performances including full live band concerts, TV and Radio sessions, acoustic and cover arrangements, on stage body language and crowd interaction with band and artist.
With over 12 years experience working professionally in the music industry, William has been around the world many times touring as a session musician, including 11 festival seasons and 50+ live television and radio broadcasts around the world including SNL, The Ellen Show, and The Champions League Final Opening Ceremony.
Technology is an important part of pop music and William prides himself on his knowledge of electronic music and equipment, being very well versed in Ableton, Logic and MainStage DAWs as well as being able to program hardware synthesisers, drum machines and build bulletproof playback systems to be used anywhere from small clubs to stadiums.
Current and recent projects include Dua Lipa, La Roux, Jason Derulo, Klangkarussell, Mikky Ekko, Peace and Marina and The Diamonds as well as directing TV and Radio sessions for artists such as Calvin Harris, Sean Paul, Zara Larsson, Charli XCX, MØ, Miguel and Martin Garrix
As a drummer, William is endorsed by Yamaha Drums, Paiste Cymbals, Vic Firth Drum Sticks and is an Ableton Live artist.
Every live show should be approached differently. It is made sure that there is a communication with the artist, management and all other parties involved every step of the way to make sure the final outcome is one that everyone is happy with. The overall goal is to produce stimulating live versions of the recorded songs making sure to keep the aesthetic and feeling of the original songs in tact.
With over 12 years professional touring experience as a session drummer, William knows what works and doesn't work on stage and knows how important it is to have people around you that you feel comfortable with. When it comes to fixing a band of session musicians for an artist, all factors are taken into account to ensure that a long, happy and healthy relationship will be formed and therefor, a great show.
The WFB Musical Direction service includes -
- Taking the original recordings and arranging them for a live situation.
- Casting and auditioning suitable session musicians to fit the specification of the artist, management and record label.
- Live performance coaching for singers including microphone technique, stage presence and crowd interaction.
- Rehearsing session musicians to be show ready even before the artist enters the room if preferred.
- Working closely with front oh house engineers to make sure the show sounds how it should from the audience.
- Working with Television and Radio broadcast engineers to ensure a perfect mix at live sessions.
- Creating set lists for any situation and any size of show.
- Communicating with record producers and record labels to source, manage and arrange stems.
- Programming backing tracks, keyboards, samplers etc to get replicated sounds that match that of the original.
- Invoicing and negotiating fees between management and session musicians.
- Designing, budgeting and building reliable and stable live equipment set ups for use in clubs to stadiums.
- Producing covers, arrangements and remixes that may be needed for TV or Radio sessions.
Here is a selection of William's recent MD and performance work from the last 3 years.
We are always on the look out for session musicians and programmers from all over the world to be put on gigs.
If you are a session musician looking for work and you are 18+, please send in email -
- A PDF resume of your musical experience
- Youtube links to examples of your work
- A headshot
- Contact Info
- Social Media Info
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org