William works with a number of platinum selling artists as a musical director insuring that the artists live show is a all aspects of their live performances including designing full live band concerts, vocal to track performances, acoustic and cover arrangements, body language and crowd interaction with band and artist.
With over 10 years experience working professionally in the music industry, William has been around the world many times touring, including 9 festival seasons and 50+ live television and radio broadcasts around the world.
Technology is an important part of pop music and William prides himself on his knowledge of electronic music and equipment being very well versed in Ableton, Logic, MainStage and Q Lab DAWs as well as being able to program hardware synthesisers, drum machines and build bulletproof playback systems to be used anywhere from small clubs to stadiums.
Current and recent projects include Dua Lipa, La Roux, Klangkarussell, Mikky Ekko, Marina and The Diamonds.
William is endorsed by Yamaha Drums, Paiste Cymbals, Vic Firth Drum Sticks and is an Ableton Live artist.
William became a musical director in 2013 on the live return of La Roux, recruiting a new band and reworking the show to match the new sound. He has since directed shows for Klangkarussell, Dua Lipa, Ben Kahn, Kyla La Grange, Jakwob for live, TV and radio appearances.
Music direction is often approached with a "one style fits all" mentality and this is something he strongly disagrees with. Every design is completely bespoke for the artist, making sure to keep the aesthetic and feeling of the original songs in tact.
With over 10 years professional touring experience, William knows what works and doesn't work on stage and know how important it is to have people around you that you feel comfortable with. When it comes to choosing session musicians for an artist, all factors are taken into account to ensure that a long, happy and healthy relationship will be formed and therefor, a great show.
This is a service that includes -
- Taking the original recordings and arranging them for a live situation
- Finding and auditioning suitable session musicians to fit the spec of the artist and management
- Rehearsing the band to be show ready
- Managing diaries for the band and artist
- Programming backing tracks, keyboard sounds, samplers etc
- Designing, budgeting and building reliable and stable equipment set ups for use in clubs to stadiums
- Creating set lists for any situation and any size of show.
- Working with the front of house engineer to make sure the show sounds how it should from the audience.